I had one of those days. You know, the kind where you suddenly want to try something new? So, I thought why not post about food, something I made. My younger sister was all about fashion, but we both know how that went down the last time.
I made some fried chicken stew and rice for lunch.
Basic ingredients I used:
- 1 onion, I capsicum, 3 tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot, Chopped parsley (this is for garnishing the cooked rice)
- Coating mix (3 Tablespoons of wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of red chilli pepper, 1 teaspoon of royco, 1 teaspoon of chicken masala, a pinch of salt)
- Chicken pieces
- 1 cup of rice
You can tell I’m not so good at this, but hey, Food Bloggers can make you swoon with precise recipes and pictures of food. So, let’s forget all that and get back to what I was saying. Yes, so how did I make this dish?
- First, I boiled the chicken pieces for five minutes to soften them. I then dipped them in the coating mix for flavor.
- After this, I heated up some cooking oil in a shallow pan and fried them, until they turned brown and looked crunchy.
- I set this aside and cooked the rice then let it cool for a few minutes as I prepared the chicken stew.
- For the Chicken stew: First I heated up some oil, added the onions, cooked them until they were brown then added the capsicum. Next I added the tomatoes and some tomato paste to thicken the soup. I added some royco for flavor and made a thick paste before adding the fried chicken pieces.
- Lastly, I went back to the rice and added the grated carrots and parsley, to give it some color 🙂
To be honest, I had thirty reasons for writing this post but after much revision, I realized that I only had five valid reasons:
- I wanted to write about a different experience aside from fiction.
- I did not have a clear idea of what I wanted the food to look like, but when I took those first pictures, I couldn’t help but be proud of myself.
- I wanted to show this off! (I mean seriously, it’s a Sunday, it’s over 27 degrees Celcius and I cooked this.)
- After trying out fashion blogging, food blogging came to mind and now, I can strike that off my list.
- I love frying stuff! Cooking oil is heaven sent!
Have a lovely weekend!