I love African proverbs and sayings. While they often hold quite some truth to them, others inspire, challenge, question and others are down right hilarious.
So, here are eight of some of the African Proverbs that crack me up!
- A person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market.
- However much the buttocks are in a hurry, they will always remain behind.
- When the mouse laughs at a cat, there is a hole nearby.
- Anger, no matter how hot it is, can never cook yam.
- A goat’s frown cannot stop it from being taken to the market.
- You cannot run and scratch your buttocks at the same time.
- A flea can trouble a lion more than a lion can trouble a flea.
- Do not follow a person who is running away.